Wednesday, June 01, 2005

t-shirt Freak, by Rob Williams

I'm a t-shirt freak.

I love t-shirts. If I could wear only t-shirts everyday for the rest of my life, I would. Not just any t-shirts (though there is something about a chlorox-smelling white fruit of the loom t-shirt that sets my heart aflutter). I really love cool, unique, outrageous, funny, strange, vintage, and sometimes dirty t-shirts.

I have a vintage Osmond Brothers 4th of July Concert t-shirt.

I also have a t-shirt that says "Go Bears!" from Berkley that I like to wear when Ted and I go to Bear bars.

I have a vintage Debbie Gibson t-shirt

I have a t-shirt with a picture of a cowboy on it (it's a reprint of a pulp novel from the 50s) and it says "The gay bandit of the border"

I have a motley crue t-shirt

I have a t-shirt with an artist's rendering of Yanni on it

I have a t-shirt with a gold horse on it and over the horse is a splash of graffiti

Anyway, the reason I'm saying all of this is because in a recent online search I've come across the COOLEST t-shirt SITE!! has anyone heard of them before?

Threadless.com?

It's a site where they have new, unique, funky t-shirts for very cheap and only a handful of each are made. Even better-- you can submit your own designs and vote on designs by other people.

"Threadless is an ongoing tee shirt design competition. Designs are put into the running to be scored for 7 days. After those 7 days high scoring designs are chosen to be printed and sold from our shop section!"

There's a recent design winner that you can buy (Darth Vadar). And they're having a $10 sale right now!

They also have a year-long t-shirt club where they send you one t-shirt of your choice a month.

Sounds like heaven. 

check them out.

http://www.threadless.com/

No comments: