Sunday, June 26, 2005

C'mon, God'll never find us in here... : By Mike

I detest the menial things in life.
Chores and maintenance. things like laundry, clipping fingernails, feeding Bone Jovi, cooking delicious turkey dinners, etc. etc. etc.
The 'everyday' tasks bother me.
Especially getting showers.
It's boring.
In an effort to alleviate the drudgery I've started listening to music while I shower, courtesy of my ghettoblaster (that I've had since I was seven), which is strategically placed on the back of Le Toilet right next to the shower.

For the first week and a half I listened to Def Leppard's 'Hysteria' album (which I also got when I was seven). I immediately found showering more enjoyable, but quickly tired of the sickeningly overpolished vocal harmonies. So for the next week I relied on the twitchy pop genius of Elvis Costello (via 'Armed Forces').
It worked like gangbusters.
(Better than Suicidal Tendencies, which only lasted a day or two)

I look forward to showering now, and I think I'm actually getting cleaner because of my need to scrub rhythmically with the music.
So i decided to make a special 'Shower Mix.'
(While making it I realized I haven't made a mixtape for myself since high school. I've made dozens and dozens of tapes for other people, but none for me personally. So believe me when I say that this little bugger is a Rock and Roll Grizzly Bear of a tape.)
Scrub wit me.

side A:
-Van Halen - eruption
-Van Halen - ain't talkin' bout love
-Stephen Malkmus - pencil rot
-The Hives - abra cadaver
-Public Enemy - war at 33 1/3
-Holiday Snaps - diamond ring
-Tenacious D - explosive
-RHCP - if you want me to stay
-Butthole Surfers - LA
-Sonic Youth - hot wire my heart
-Iron Maiden - the solo from 'Powerslave'
-Miles Davis - excerpts from 'On The Corner'

side B:
-Beck - sexx laws (Malibu remix)
-Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - brenda
-MF Doom - kookies
-North of America - central port of equal times
-DFA 1979 - turn it out
-DFA 1979 - romantic rights
-Sleater-Kinney - entertain
-Sleater-Kinney - rollercoaster
-Burdocks - pop cult

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

image courtesy of designedtoat.com

No comments: