Saturday, August 20, 2005

what i'll miss pt.1 By Rob Williams

Swank Home


Rob’s Home


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the first in a mult-part series (well, how multi depends on how much time I have to blog) about what I'm going to miss in NYC/Brooklyn after Ted and I move to San Diego (Aug. 31).

Today I took this polaroid:

Yummy Taco is this greasy, grimy, cheap, sweaty taco shop run by these really nice Asian-Americans on Flatbush and Bergen in Brooklyn--about a block away from our apartment.

(Kind of like a low-rent Taco Bell, maybe even a lower-rent Taco Time).

The food only very slightly resembles Mexican--they do use tortillas--but I don't care. I love it. I love them.

I was going to take a picture inside of the cloudy fish tank they have on the counter next to the sizzling grill but I decided against it.

Yummy Taco-- you've been there for me (and even Ted, who likes the jack cheese and chicken quesadilla) after beer busts and after long days of writing (sometimes the same day as a beer bust) when I needed a salty, greasy fix. and for that I thank you.

By the way, Yummy Taco has their own WEBSITE!

No comments: