Saturday, August 27, 2005

Shedding Pounds

Swank Home


Laurence’s Home


By Laurence Simon

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Down to 217.

Every time I think of grabbing a candy bar or pigging out on garbage, I check my Live Journal and make something healthy.

Rice with Beneful "butter" stuff.
Grilled peppers, potatoes, and onions.
Hummus and pita bread.
Blended fruit and ice drink. (I'll stick this in the recipe box)
Salad, salad, salad.
High-protein fish.

I haven't had fried fast food in a while. Three pints and the Irish nachos and the pizza have been the harshest on my system, and even that was for an esteemed and most welcome guest.

I know I should do this in moderation, but moderation always leads to excess. My militancy on diet drives my wife nuts now and then, but I think she's gotten used to the fact that it's 100 or 0, black or white, good or evil with me. That "extremes" song by Billy Joel describes me to a T.

My biggest fear is that with Deskmerc out next week, I may backslide during lunch and go all pig-out. I may just need to call someone for half an hour each lunch to drive them nuts with my food-neuroses.

No comments: