Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Smallville: By Lezah

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, I’ve watched the odd episode of Smallville (or, more correctly, portion of an episode) as I’ve been idly flicking channels on a not-so-exciting evening; however, all that is about to change soon.

Coming this fall, a new cast member is joining the show for the fifth season. Yes, the rumours are true: James Marsters, who plays the oh-so luscious ‘Spike’ on my own personal guilty pleasure, ‘Buffy the Vampire Slayer’, has been exceedingly well cast as Professor Milton Fine, or Braniac. Now who else out there in Hollywood-land can play smart and deadly with the same panache, I ask you? No one, I tell you! Marsters is indeed the man.

Marsters’ website promises that he will appear in at least ten episodes this season, and it also fills us in on some of his other activities: in case you were unaware, James is an accomplished musician who has a new solo album out. He will be appearing in London, performing some concerts and doing a piece of one-man theatre from Oct. 28-30. For more information, go to www.jamesmarsterslive.ca.

So, between now and the start of the fall season, I think I might indulge in a bit of horseback riding. You see, they film Smallville about a mile down the road from where I keep my horse – so maybe you’ll be able to see me in the background of some shots (that’ll be me on a black horse) – and, more importantly, maybe I’ll be able to catch a glimpse of Spike, errr, I mean James. One can dream…

No comments: