Saturday, August 13, 2005

T-Shirt Freak Strikes Again Submitted by Rob Williams

Swank Home


http://emptybeach.typepad.com/emptybeach/

Why oh why, when I'm totally struggling and strapped financially (because Ted and I are about to move to San Diego)-- do I have this impulse to buy something?!

I’m talking about this shirt: Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's from karmaloop
-- a fabulous website featuring the coolest clothes (especially t-shirts) for men and women. this t-shirt is a tribute to openly gay Judas Priest rocker Rob Halford-- but, as you may also know, it is my name too! (And, as you may know from my previous blogs--i'm a t-shirt freak!)It's $15.40.

Anyway, I'm so tempted to buy it from karmaloop --because now it's on sale-- and if you sign up for their email newsletter you get $10 off your purchase. so that would make the shirt about  $5.40 (not including postage and handling).

Even the girls clothes are hot. Why is it that girls/women always have better selections than men? I've noticed this often-- at Old Navy, or Urban Outfitters-- the women have much more of a selection of the cool and groovy clothes, slinky outfits, great colors and patterns, while the men (especially at Old Navy--where I can never find anything for me) are relegated to Frat-boy fashions.

I'm serious.

Come on, you have to admit it: you're out shopping at Navy, or Urban, or the Gap or Banana (actually the Gap is getting so boring now, huh?), and you look at the rows of kakhis and thick-striped polos in green and red in the men's section and then you look over in the girl's section and there is shit like the above 'off the shoulder' shirt, or cool jackets, or tube tops.  Why don't mens' clothes designers (ESPECIALLY AT OLD NAVY AND GAP AND BANANA REPUB) try to be a little more inventive, creative, risky, hell, even fun?

That's why I’m forced to look online for clothes, because online stores like karmaloop and asos
and guyshops/girlshops.com offer more unique and less cookiecutter fashions.

Damn, I sound like such a gay don't I?

I can't help it. I've always been a fashionista-- as evident in this photo of me
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Oh, wait. i think my mom made that shirt for me-- but I did pick out the necklace...)

No comments: