Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Return of Hans by Laurence Simon

Swank Home


The challenge was to use the word lips and I got a little loose with .the theme


Hans the Angry Dutchman is a recurring character in all my old stories. He hates tulips. He despises his neighbors. His windmill turns counter-clockwise where everybody else's turns clockwise. He steals signage from foreign lands ("Welcome to New Jersey") and props it up on the public roads of his village.

It's not easy trying to fit Hans into a 100 word story, but I think I managed.

Hans will be on the podcast soon enough. And I'm sure he'll be back.

As for Mustard Man, let's just say I'm not pleased with the dozen or so stories I've written up for him after the last one. My view of Mustard Man has been infected with thoughts of Harvey Birdman, and that's just wrong.

No comments: