Thursday, May 26, 2005

Rob’s Musings - Love, and Happy Thoughts

Some random thoughts, notes, musings, rants...

What is up with this weather? Ughh. Hate it. Ask Ted, he'll tell you, I can't stand the rain (gainst my window pane).

If I didn't get published in a lit journal, shouldn't they email, write a letter, tell me? Why do I have to find out about it by NOT seeing my name on the website?

Going to see Star Wars tonight!! Do I have to have seen Attack of the Clones to get it all? Because I haven't. Who's Han Solo's father again? Yoda?

I entered the caption contest for the New Yorker!! cross your fingers!

And the one I voted on from this past week has the caption:

"Remember that time you made me laugh and people came out of my nose?"
*courtesy of the New Yorker online

The above caption reminds me of when I was about 10 and my family, my two sisters, Allyson and Andrea, and my mom and I, were eating a Hawaiian pizza (probably from Round Table Pizza)-- the kind with pineapple and ham-- and someone (probably me) said something really funny. We were all cracking up hysterically when my mom started laughing and coughing at the same time, then she started laughing and choking, her eyes wet, bugging out, her face crimson, and then pop-- a little piece of pineapple came out her nose!

Her response: "Owww! Hell's bells that stung!"

What is up with Tom Cruise? Has he always been this pathetic or is this something new? I mean, first the Katie Holmes publicity stunt and now he's trashing Brooke Shields for using antidepressants?

Did I mention that I'm turning in my book to my agent at the end of the week? I know, I know, I've said that before, but this time I know it's for real-- really! I've spent the week at the Brooklyn library going over it and i'm sending it out, no matter what, on Friday or Saturday. I say either day because I’m only printing it up on Friday, so I may not have time to get it to the post office before the end of the day. But by Sat. I will.

Did i mention how much i love my iPod?

If you haven't heard the new Martha Wainwright album you must. It's incredible. Rufus who?

Ted and I are finalizing plans for our wedding, while our friends are putting a shower together and plotting our respective bachelor parties! Woo hoo!

No comments: