There’s not a better way to define Craig Northey’s current involvement in music, hence the title. Always a prolific songwriter and gifted musician, Craig is faced with a sedulous 2005. At the moment, Craig Northey is gearing up to promote the "Stripper's Union" CD, released with Universal Music and due out June 14th/05.
The band includes: Craig Northey (Odds), Doug Elliott (Odds), Pat Steward (Odds), Simon Kendall (Doug & the Slugs, Sharkskin) and Rob Baker (the Tragically Hip). Rob & Craig wrote the songs and the other Hips are featured on the record as well. A virtual who’s who of Canadian talent. The group will have a Vancouver date somewhere close to July 13th. The single "Give Up & Go Away" goes to radio June 1st/05. Start requesting it then. It’s a rock song, so try the rock radio station in your community.
Northey’s CD with Jesse Valenzuela (Gin Blossoms) "Northey Valenzula" is available through maplemusic.com (see link to order). Jesse and Craig will pick things up in September with some US dates and... hopefully a US release. (So keep any and all requests coming into the radio stations in your area!)
Northey also has three co-writes on the next Colin James’ record "Limelight" due out in September/05 and Craig will continue to tour with him when he can.
If you like "all" things Craig Northey, then you might like Bob Kemmis' CD "Arena Ready" also available through Maplemusic. Northey produced and played, and Doug, Pat, Simon and Rob Baker are also featured on the cd. Its a great intelligent pop record by a great tunesmith.
Tim Der has a clip of Colin James & Craig performing his song "Misplaced Heart" for the Queen and eleven thousand other people... oh... and all the people who watched the CBC that night. As Craig noted, “I didn't meet the Queen, but I met Joni Mitchell. If given a choice I would have gone that way anyway...”
Couldn’t have said it better, myself.
Here's where to find the Tim Der clip:http://craig.oddstp.com/craig.html
- June 10, 2005 - Cross Canada
Rob Baker & Craig will be doing a promo/radio tour from June 10 to 17 and then the band will hit the road from east to west in a 9 day whirlwind from the 21st to the end of the month. Info TBA.
- June 19, 2005 - Mississauga Waterfront Festival - Mississauga, ON
Colin James Band
- June 20, 2005 - Lil' Big Horn - Cambridge, ON
- June 22, 2005 - Ottawa Ontario - Barrymore's
- June 23, 2005 - Toronto Ontario - the Mod Club
Our second show
- July 01, 2005 - Surrey BC - Millenium Amphitheatre
Corner of 64th Ave and 176th Street
- July 08, 2005 - Thunder Bay Blues Festival - Thunder Bay, ON
- July 16, 2005 - Belgian Rhythm' n' Blues Festival - Peer, Belgium
- July 19, 2005 - TBA - Aschaffenburg, Germany
- July 21, 2005 - TBA - Madrid, Spain info at colinjames.com
- July 23, 2005 - Crossroad Festival - Gijon, Spain
- July 25, 2005 - Blue Balls Festival - Luzern, Switzerland