Saturday, January 28, 2006

What the..? : Sashi

Swank Home

http://www.sashiweb.com/

Sashi

The Blogger Word Verification feature that you find when you want to post a comment in Blogger-enabled blogs can really be mind-bogglingly frustrating to crack.

The randomness of not only the letters generated but shape, font and color of the letters as well can occasionally combine to defeat the brain’s ability to distinguish meaningful characters from rubbish.

Image hosting by Photobucket

My guess was “lzzjijie“. I was wrong, for the comment pop-up refreshed and told me, rather condescendingly, that I was to type the letters as it appears on screen. Well, duh!


Take this one above, for example:

Luckily, the next random word was easier to read - but that still doesn’t mean it should have confused me in the first place. Stupid machines….

Well, on the bright side, at least I didn’t get insulted by Blogger - unlike poor Viewtru.

No comments: