Saturday, January 28, 2006

Happy Birthday mUm!! : Becks & Posh

Swank Home

http://becksposhnosh.blogspot.com/


Image hosting by Photobucket

To the Best Mum in my World...

Photograph of my mum taken many moons ago before I was even a twinkle in her eye. Mum has banned me from putting photos of herself on my blog, so I hope she'll forgive me for sharing this particular one. But it's so great, I just had to use it - and after all it is food-related, it contains a big cake! She can't really be cross with me, because back in the early 60s, when this photo was snapped, it was published in the local newspaper, so its already been on public display. And anyway, I am about to give her some good news...

Mum I have a surprise for you...!

Do you remember how I bought you a raffle ticket for the Menu for Hope draw? Do you remember how you didn't win? Were you disappointed? Well, be disappointed no more! Sandra, the winner of the gift I had hoped you would win, was unable to collect the Parisian part of the prize in person. She'd gotten wind of my hopes for your success in the draw so out of the blue she generously asked me if I might like to pass it on to you instead. Can you see where this is leading?

Dear Mum... I am sending you to Paris to eat Berthillon ice cream with David Lebovitz. Enjoy! (Watch out for David, he's a cheeky 'un). Oh, and will you blog it for us all, too? Please. You needn't be in the pictures.

Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: