Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Yo December Posted by Sashi

To visit our Swank’s Home site, click the link..

I don’t write a lot now, do I?

It’s December. One more month, and I can put this year behind me. I hope.

For the last few months, I’ve been feeling like I’m stuck between a rock and a.. rock. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Should I, or shouldn’t I? But I have. So I shouldn’t. Not again. Right?

Right.

I need to cut down on rice, and coffee. Problem is, rice is the staple food of my family meals, and coffee…. well, if you know of an alternative (yet legal) way to go from 0-to-alert in 10 minutes in the morning before I head off to work, you’ll let me know, won’t ya?

I don’t exercise enough. That’s because I don’t get fat. So all these years, I’ve never really had the incentive to work out, but I know exercise is more than just losing weight. I know. You know too. So why don’t we do it?

I REALLY should stop passing by bookshops. Wait, let me rephrase that. I REALLY should START PASSING BY bookshops - and not go INTO them all the time. I cannot afford it.

They’re moving the Sunday Pasar Malam (night market) in Bangsar Baru from its present location in the Telawi area to some place next to a used car dealership or something. It’s probably for a good reason, but I hate when change comes, you know.

It’s funny when you watch a TV show or a movie or reading a book or a blog or just listening to somebody talk… and you realise you’re not the only one in the world who thinks or feels or acts like that. We’re not alone, amigos and amigas. We know this, and yet, we often feel alone. Why is that?

Apparently, the truth will set you free. (Unless you’re confessing to murder, in which case you get life.) I tried the truth, and all it got me was doubt. I suck at lying, so that’s not gonna work too well either. The only option seems to be to totally ignore it and hope it goes away by itself. That’s like a Dilbert Rule, innit?

“What’s cold turkey?”, I asked someone the other day. She said Google it (or Wikipedia it, I can’t remember). What did we do before the internet, eh? Cos I sure as heck don’t remember running to the dictionary/encyclopaedia every few hours looking up stuff. How did we ever KNOW anything?

(Btw, Wikipedia says: “The term allegedly derives from the comparison of a cold turkey carcass and the state of a withdrawing addict — most notably, the cold sweats and goose bumps.” So now you know.)

When I first watched LA Law, I wanted to be a lawyer. Then I watched Wall Street and wanted to be a hotshot corporate investment banker. Then I watched Baywatch and wanted to be a lifeguard. Then I watched E.R. and Chicago Hope, and I wanted to be a doctor. Then I watched The Practice and wanted to be a lawyer again. Now I watch House, Scrubs, and Grey’s Anatomy, and I realise I cannot base my life decisions on things I watch on TV. Plus, it’s too late to change careers, anyway.

Or is it?

There’s this poll on The Star Online eCentral.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I voted for Quantum Leap. One of my most favourite shows ever. But apparently people can’t get enough of MacGyver. No problem, I was a huge MacGyver fan too. (MacGyver for President!) But Richard Dean Anderson is too old to play Mac now, and really, no one else, in my mind, can really play that role.

Unless…. well, in the final season, it was revealed that MacGyver had a son. So who knows, we could have a movie where MacGyver Jr takes up the reins, eh?

It’s getting dark outside. Time to wrap this up.

Bye. Take care. Y’all don’t forget to write now, ya hear?

No comments: