Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Six Weird Things About Myself By: Sashi

Six Weird Things About Myself By: Sashi

Visit Swank’s Home Site


Visit Sashi’s Site



RULES: People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave a comment that says ‘you are tagged’ in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

1. I keep confusing my left with my right.

When I was but a wee grasshopper, I got my my right hand scarred a little thanks to a combination of some hot cooking oil and irrepressible childish curiosity. Ever since then, I’ve used that mark on my hand to remind me of my right-hand side. This doesn’t happen as much as it did when I was younger, since instinct generally automatically guides me to the right or left as when is necessary, but if I have to consciously identify my right side or left side e.g. if someone asks me to point to the right, or to hold up my left hand, etc, there will always be a moment of hesitation while I quickly glance at my hands to see where the scar is.

2. I’m very wary of being photographed.

No, not because I’m wanted by the cops or Interpol or anything. I can’t even explain it, really. I just really, really, really, hate how I look in pictures. It’s not the looks specifically, it’s just how i appear in them. I especially hate having to wait those eternity-long seconds stuck in a pose while the camera-person is going “Ok, everyone ready? Smile, say cheese, here we go in 1… 2.. oh shoot, forgot the flash, hang on….” I can only hold a fake smile for no more than a second or 2, so by the time the camera takes the picture, what you get is a picture of me looking pissed off while trying to pretend I’m not.

3. When I go to bed, I need to be on the left.

Left, as in not only sleeping on my left side, but also on the left side of the bed. Eventually after I nod off into slumberland, I might shift unconsciously onto my right side or elsewhere, but when I get into bed, I go straight to the left corner. Otherwise, the world will stop turning and we will all be sucked into the horrendous inferno of the sun.

4. I don’t wear watches. Well, not anymore.

And nowadays, with the all-in-one cellphone models, who needs a watch? As a kid, I’ve lost quite a few watches in school or in the bus etc. I once even lost my dad’s expensive watch which he had bought in Singapore and which I had borrowed to use during an exam. That was the last time I ever wore a genuine, brand-name watch. I did wear a knock-off Tag Heuer during my college years, but when that died, I gave up wearing watches altogether. And it doesn’t help that I have small wrists either, I guess…

5. I must wash my feet before I go to sleep. MUST.

I don’t care if I’ve had my feet wrapped in waterproof, fireproof, dust-proof, germ-proof, whatever-proof material for donkey’s years - when I go to bed, my feet MUST be washed. Else, I just cannot fall asleep. Also, cue the horrendous inferno of the sun thing too.

6. I’m a non-believer who wants to believe.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

For most people, believing in God is a matter of faith. You either do, or don’t. I can’t do that. I cannot simply believe… I need to know. I’ve tried to believe, really. I don’t actually go around telling people I’m an atheist or agnostic, because truth be told, I’m not really all that proud of it. I completely understand religion’s place in the human psyche, how we all need something to believe in. Most times, I do wish I could believe in an Almighty God who looks after us with paternal love and care. But, I’ve not been able to do that. Perhaps, deep down, I’m afraid that we really are, all of us, quite alone. And that our collective beliefs, in the end, amount to nothing more than wishful thinking. And if so, believing in a higher power would be considered an escape route, a way to pretend that every hardship we suffer, every heartbreak we bear, every pain we embrace, has some meaning behind it.

Ok, that last bit got very rambly. Sorry.

Now I’m supposed to tag 6 people, eh? Time to round up the usual suspects then… (assuming they haven’t done it already).

1. Idlan?

2. Norzu?

3. Ash?

4. Eyeris?

5. Simon?

6. Pick Yin?

Personally, I don’t care whether you guys/gals take it up, although you probably should know that if you don’t do this meme, a pale Oriental kid with jet-black eyes is going to be following you around all day and night for weeks to come…


image from chanwear.com

No comments: