Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Day in the Life - Educator/ pop culture writer / Concert reviewer/musician interviewer

I am an educator in my 'real world'. It's funny, but I take great pains to keep my two (or three) lives separate. When I am at work, I am a totally different person - however, bits of me will slip through.

For example, I had a 12 year old boy say something offhand that had me laughing for quite awhile. Re-writing it here will not do it justice as you'd 'had to have been there'.

There is a show on called "Pimp My Ride' about redoing vehicles so they are 'pimped out' - or, in short - fabulous!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I had given an assignment (we are writing our life stories) and I was struggling on ways they could 'jazz' up their hard covers, (real books here!) ie: "... Add some 3-D designs, glue on some expressions you use, do something funky; make someone want to pick it up and read it...", I say in my ever so authoritarian voice.

"Oh, ... says B,you mean... like... Pimp my Autobiography'?

Well, I had to bend over, I was laughing so hard, and he says (with shock) You know that show?

'Yeah, sort of...' I mumble.

I think that was a great quip from a newly 12 year old, and it had me giggling for the rest of the day.

Now wait until I hear from parents saying... You want my child to pimp what...?'

Love those moments - love those kids!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


image 1 by image from epguides.com


image 2 by profile.myspace.com/ index.cfm?f

No comments: