Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Mohawk Lodge By: Lezah Williamson


Every so often I'll hit upon my latest fave song: currently it's Wear 'em Out by The Mohawk Lodge.

Dave comes by lots of compilations and British 'best of...' Cds, so I was just assuming that this group was from some distant realm. Well, I am happy to say I was wrong, and very pleased to learn that my new fave hails from my own backyard, Vancouver!

They're connected to Black Mountain and have released material through them; their debut, Wildfires, was described as 'dirty folk', but their latest is more blue collar indie/soul/rock. The band's Ryder Havdale describes them as "reformed math rockers trying to write '80's hits".

They've just completed both a cross-Canada and short European tour this fall.

Although they have no show dates currently posted, they are certainly one to put on your 'watch' list...

No comments: