Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Emperor's New Glasses, by Lezah

The Emperor's New Glasses

For more articles like this, go to the category skank trends at http://www.swanktrendz.com

I was reminded of the old story (fable?  fairy tale? - whatever!) 'The Emperor's New Clothes' (you know the one - about an emperor who is duped into buying a 'beautiful outfit' and parading it through the streets, when in fact he has been sold nothing more than air; it took a young child to point out that 'The Emperor has no clothes', as everyone was ashamed to admit they couldn't see this 'beautiful outfit').

Anyway, as I was saying, I was reminded of that tale this morning when I read an article in the paper about Bono's glasses.  It turned out that the same optician who made Elvis’s and Elton John's horrendous specs back in the '70s has also been making Bono's for the last five years.  Frankly, I was surprised that I hadn't figured that out for myself as the eyewear all of these guys wore/are wearing has been downright butt-ugly.  I just figured someone must have strung that guy up long ago for committing the most grievous of fashion crimes, but obviously not.  He's alive and well and still churning them out.  He's the eyewear equivalent of a serial killer or something.

There really outa be a law...

Lezah

No comments: